09/2015 – 04/2020 (expected with co-op)
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, 2nd Year
University of British Columbia
05/2016 – 04/2017 github.com/ubc-farm
Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at UBC Farm
- Developed custom software with the UBC Work Learn International Undergraduate Research Award.
- Used geometry calculations to let users draw farm fields and split them into grid based plots.
- Implemented UI with React and Redux using functional programming design.
10/2009 – 08/2015 omlhawaii.com
Web Developer and IT Manager
OML Contracting Co.
Construction company building private resort residences in Hawai’i
- Designed and developed portfolio to showcase residences.
- Implemented CSS 3D animations to create GPU accelerated parallax effect.
- Applied lazy-loading CSS to speed up first render.
Pass the Bomb
Online multiplayer word game
- Selected by Microsft as an outstanding project in UBC Local Hack Day
- Oversaw team while writing client portion of the game
- Implemented swiping gestures to allow intuitive submission
Big Island Buses
Bus rider web app to replace Hawai’i paper bus schedules
- Won Grand Prize in Congressional App Challenge 2014, Hawaii’s 2nd Congressional District.
05/2014 – 05/2015 notwoods.github.io/big-island-buses
Big Island Buses
- Continued project after contest
- Implemented AppCache API to allow the web application to run offline.
- Worked with the County of Hawai’i to integrate the app with the bus system.
04/2014 – 05/2014 notwoods.github.io/mbta-energy
Energy Monitor Program
- Volunteered to create tool to assist teacher and his class in aggregating data.
- Calculated reports automatically generated by Belkin WeMo Insight Switch devices.
- Charted electricity usage for students to pinpoint abnormal energy fluctuations.
- Implemented FileReader API and CSV parser.
02/2015 – 06/2015 github.com/notwoods/latch-on
- Built platformer game in C# with Unity.
- Programmed grappling hook around Box2D physics engine.
10/2016 - 12/2016
Buses ‘R Us
- Created Android application in Java for Software Construction course.
- Wrote geometry calculations to filter bus route shapes and only display portions visible to users.
Grand Prize: Congressional App Challenge 2014, Hawaii’s 2nd Congressional District
UBC Work Learn International Undergraduate Research Award
UBC e-Portfolio Competition 2017 Finalist