08/2017 - 12/2017 yelp.com
Software Engineering Intern – Messaging Team
- Worked on Messaging/Request a Quote feature, which lets users request information from businesses.
- Used Python backend with HTML and CSS to improve “online now” indicators and attract more users.
05/2016 – 04/2017 github.com/ubc-farm
Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at UBC Farm
- Developed custom software with the UBC Work Learn International Undergraduate Research Award.
- Used geometry calculations to let users draw out farm fields.
- Implemented UI with React and Redux using functional programming design.
10/2009 – 08/2015 omlhawaii.com
Web Developer and IT Manager
OML Contracting Co.
Construction company building private resort residences in Hawai’i
- Designed and developed portfolio to showcase residences.
- Implemented CSS 3D animations to create GPU accelerated parallax effect.
The Golden Quest
Voice based choose-your-own adventure
- Built Amazon Alexa skill with Node for nwHacks 2017 Hackathon
- Used regular expressions to create custom file format for story.
Pass the Bomb
Online multiplayer word game
- Selected by Microsft as an outstanding project in UBC Local Hack Day
- Oversaw team while writing client portion of the game
Big Island Buses
Bus rider web app to replace Hawai’i paper bus schedules
- Won Grand Prize in Congressional App Challenge 2014, Hawaii’s 2nd Congressional District.
09/2015 – 04/2020 (expected with co-op)
Bachelor of Science in
Computer Science, 3rd Year
University of British Columbia
05/2014 – 05/2015 notwoods.github.io/big-island-buses
Big Island Buses
- Continued project after contest
- Implemented AppCache API to allow the web application to run offline.
- Worked with the County of Hawai’i to integrate the app with the bus system.
04/2014 – 05/2014 notwoods.github.io/mbta-energy
Energy Monitor Program
- Volunteered to create tool to assist teacher and his class in aggregating data.
- Automatically parsed data from Belkin WeMo Insight Switches and TED monitor.
- Implemented FileReader API and CSV parser.
02/2015 – 07/2017 notwoods.github.io/latch-on
Rope swinging game
- Built platformer game in C# with Unity.
- Programmed custom grappling hook and swinging movement using ray-casting.
10/2016 - 12/2016
Buses ‘R Us
- Created Android application in Java for Software Construction course.
- Wrote geometry calculations to filter bus route shapes and only display portions visible to users.
Grand Prize: Congressional App Challenge 2014, Hawaii’s 2nd Congressional District
UBC Work Learn International Undergraduate Research Award
UBC e-Portfolio Competition 2017 Finalist