09/2015 - 05/2020 (expected with co-op)
University of British Columbia
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, 3rd year
05/2018 - 07/2018 storage.googleapis.com/chrome-supersize/index.html
Chrome for Android - Software Engineering Intern
- Redesigned & added new features to “Super Size”, Python tool with web output used to analyze millions of files contributing to Chrome’s size. Tool saved 30 KB in the first week after release.
- Utilized streams and worker threads to handle 180 MB of data at once. Displayed partial data in 1 second, full data in 7 seconds.
- Updated Android bytecode compiler, shrunk Chrome by 29 KB.
- Wrote Java bytecode rewriter to insert code automatically.
01/2018 - 04/2018 vitalmechanics.com
3D Graphics & Simulation Developer InternVancouver startup simulating skin for VFX and prototyping clothing
- Built TypeScript Electron client that interfaces with C++ server to display real-time 3D simulations using WebGL.
- Migrated large program from jQuery to React and Redux, saving time and effort for future programmers through reactive design.
08/2017 - 12/2017 yelp.com/describe_your_project?category=movers
Local Services - Software Engineer Intern
- Built “Describe Your Project” package with Python, so users may easily request quotes from home services businesses.
- Developed Python package to encapsulate API with RST docs.
- Implemented UI for branching question flows with Flow, React and Redux; wrote tree structure to track questions to ask users.
- Led hackathon team to build new product for in-restaurant experience. Placed in Top 3 of Hardcore category out of 44 projects and was picked up by sales team afterwards.
05/2016 - 04/2017 github.com/ubc-farm
- Developed custom TypeScript software with the UBC Work Learn International Undergraduate Research Award.
- Wrote fill algorithm to classify sections of farm fields.
10/2009 - 08/2015 omlhawaii.com
Web Developer and IT Manager#1 custom home builder in Hawai'i, building private resort residences.
- Designed and developed web portfolio to showcase residences.
- Applied GPU-accelerated parallax using CSS 3D transformations.
- Finalist: nwHacks 2018 (out of 800+)
- Hardcore Top 3: Yelp Hackathon 24.0 (out of 44)
- UBC Work Learn International Undergraduate Reasearch Award
- Grand Prize: Congressional App Challenge 2014, Hawaii’s 2nd Congressional District
05/2014 - 05/2015
- Won Grand Prize in Congressional App Challenge 2014, Hawaii’s 2nd District.
- Optimized site for mobile offline viewing.
- Contacted and worked with the County of Hawai’i to integrate the app with the island’s bus system.
02/2018 - 01/2019
- Will be published on Google Play in 2019.
- Programmed Android AR viewer in Unity with C#, exposed fields to inspector so teammates could quickly manipulate views.
- Wrote script to process Mapbox heightmaps to generate Blender 3D model.
- Finalist, nwHacks 2018 out of 800+ people.
- Helped write Android app in Java to scan NFC badges on exhibits and patrons.
- Built backend with Node.js/MongoDB.
04/2018 - 08/2018
- Published Progressive Web App on Microsoft Store.
- Stored user data in IndexedDB, used cursors to stream out saved data and reduce time to display by 1 second.