Microsoft, Software Engineer II - Microsoft Loop
- Doubled rendering performance and saved engineering time across all of Microsoft by leading UI framework migration process with designers, product managers, and engineers in 3 orgs and multiple teams.
- Played a key role as React, TypeScript, CSS, and HTML subject matter expert to strengthen performance, accessibility, & internationalization by coaching 50+ engineers, developing automated tools, giving tech talks, writing articles.
- Proactively identified hundreds of bugs in 5,000+ files by introducing and implementing automated Node.js tooling.
- Removed 1.5 seconds from repeat loads with offline IndexedDB caching and CSS performance improvements.
- Unlocked key features by inventing novel virtualization system to support users with 1,000+ pages shared with them.
Mozilla, Part-Time Android Developer - Firefox
- Offered a native feel to thousands of web apps as a feature lead for Progressive Web App support.
- Wrote specifications for new Web App Manifest features as member of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
- Bridged communication gap with Google and Intel developers to add maskable icon support to Firefox and Chrome, which made thousands of web apps on par with Android apps in the home screen and drove web app adoption.
- Built and shipped brand new web browser in Kotlin to 100M+ users on Google Play Store.
- Featured Firefox in front of hundreds at Chrome Dev Summit 2019 keynote by adding Trusted Web Activity support.
Google, Software Engineering Intern - Chrome for Android
- Prevented significant release schedule delays by proactively identifying Java resource limits that were to be exceeded.
- Improved time to first render by 700% by using streams and background worker threads to handle 180 MB downloads.
Vital Mechanics, 3D Graphics & Simulation Developer Intern
Yelp, Software Engineer Intern
Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at UBC Farm, Software Developer
Oakes Management LLC, Web Developer and IT Manager
- Built Maskable.app, go-to developer tool recommended by Google & CSS Tricks, used 11,000+ times/month.
- Wrote new features for typescript-eslint, eslint-plugin-jest, eslint-plugin-storybook, used by 5M+ developers daily.
- Maintainer for Rollup ES6 module bundler, adding TypeScript types and compiler support to all plugins.
- Produced Big Island Buses offline web app with County of Hawai'i as well as won Congressional App Challenge 2014.
Speaking and Writing
- Speaker at JSConf Budapest 2022, CascadiaJS, and HalfStack conferences with thousands of attendees.
- Wrote web development articles for CSS Tricks, MDN, and web.dev with thousands of views.
- Authored guidebook on MockK testing library for Kotlin and Android, with 20,000+ views/month.
- Wrote React to Jetpack Compose Dictionary, resource recommended by Android team to new developers.
- Mentoring new software developers through volunteering at Ada Developers Academy.
University of British Columbia, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Finalist: nwHacks 2018 (out of 800+), Hardcore Top 3: Yelp Hackathon 24.0 (out of 44), UBC Work Learn International Undergraduate Research Award, Grand Prize: Congressional App Challenge 2014: Hawaii’s 2nd Congressional District