09/2015 – 04/2020 (expected with co-op)
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, 3rd Year
University of British Columbia
01/2018 - 04/2018 vitalmechanics.com
3D Graphics & Simulation Developer
Simulating skin for visual effects and prototyping clothing
08/2017 - 12/2017 yelp.com
Software Engineering Intern – Messaging
- Built Describe Your Project, a feature to make it easier for users to request quotes from home services businesses.
- Created backend Python package and routes.
- Implemented UI with React and Redux using functional design.
- Wrote tree structure to track flows of questions to ask users.
05/2016 – 04/2017 github.com/ubc-farm
Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at UBC Farm
- Developed custom software with the UBC Work Learn International Undergraduate Research Award.
- Used geometry calculations to let users draw out farm fields.
10/2009 – 08/2015 omlhawaii.com
Web Developer and IT Manager
OML Contracting Co.
Construction company building private resort residences in Hawai’i
- Designed and developed portfolio to showcase residences.
- Implemented CSS 3D animations to create GPU accelerated parallax effect.
- Grand Prize: Congressional App Challenge 2014, Hawaii’s 2nd Congressional District
- UBC Work Learn International Undergraduate Research Award
- Finalist: UBC e-Portfolio Competition 2017
- Hardcore Top 3: Yelp Hackathon 24.0 (out of 44)
- Finalist: nwHacks 2018 (out of 800+)
Enhancing learning and interactions at museums
- Finalist, nwHacks 2018 out of 800+ people.
- Helped write Android app in Java to scan NFC badges on exhibits and patrons.
- Built server less backend with stdlib.
The Golden Quest
Voice based choose-your-own adventure
- Built Amazon Alexa skill with Node for nwHacks 2017 Hackathon.
- Used regular expressions to create custom file format for story.
Pass the Bomb
Online multiplayer word game
- Selected by Microsft as an outstanding project in UBC Local Hack Day (12-hour hackathon).
- Developed online multiplayer with Socket.io in Node.js.
- Oversaw team while writing client portion of the game.
05/2014 - 05/2015
Big Island Buses
Web app to replace Hawai’i paper bus schedules
- Won Grand Prize in Congressional App Challenge 2014, Hawaii’s 2nd Congressional District.
- Implemented AppCache API to allow the web application to run offline.
- Worked with the County of Hawai’i to integrate the app with the bus system.
02/2015 – 07/2017
Rope swinging game
- Built platformer game in C# with Unity.
- Programmed custom grappling hook and swinging movement using ray-casting.